Thursday 23 February 2012

Insert Booklet (Digipak) - Creation

When creating my CD Digipak insert I took many things into account, such as the conventions used in this specific genre of music to create an effective Digipak insert, the colour schemes maintained throughout both covers and the Insert and also the amount of pages my insert should consist of. Many websites helped me to discover which styles, colours and quantities work most effectively and hence I decided upon these
  • Maintain a dark yellow colour scheme, much like the floor in both the front and back covers and hence not varying too much.
  • Have 6 pages to my insert, this allows me to provide good amounts of information without it getting tedious and boring for a viewer
  • The conventions used include fades and blends throughout, using multiple images. This has a fantastic effect and hence I decided to take this into my insert as an idea.
I am going to continue with the scheme used on the front/back covers for my Digipak in the sense that blurred lighting is going to be an effect I plan to continue to use throughout. Images such as the one below will be used in my insert. The reason behind this is to maintain consistency throughout the preliminary pieces as to not confuse the viewer.


I really like this image because it maintains many conventions of a blurred image whilst also sustaining complexity and realism, this will be the perfect background image for my insert.

The image below is that of an amp, I am going to use this along with other images to produce foreground images for my insert (obviously behind the text), these images will provide the insert with contrast and complexity, making them more interesting for the viewer. This is very important when creating an insert as the amount of pages is a potential bore for viewers, therefore the images are the attraction and must be continually attractive. I am going to use Adobe Photoshop, like in my other preliminary pieces, to manipulate this image to eliminate the background and place the image on the background of my choice.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment