Sunday 19 February 2012

Insert Booklet (Digipak) - Ideas

This is a website I looked into which gives an insight for some of the modern specification when creating a CD insert to a Digipack. The website explains how to make a Digipack using PS, however I did not follow this exactly, I used some of the underlining principles and expanded upon them. The link is below.


The Creation of a CD Insert


The website helped me a lot, as, although it is not specifically about the ideas for what is inside the insert, it gives me ideas for the layout; principles that are necessary to a good looking insert, how colour contrasts are effective and also how to use images in a corresponding pattern with text.


This is the produced Insert from the link above, I really like the insert as a whole, the fire images blended with the meaningful image in the top left works well to create a good feel to the insert. I am going to take some of the conventions used here into my insert, such as the fire images used as a blended image. I am also going to use this layout for an insert, with three folded sections to create an overall 6-fold insert. I think this is a good size as it provides lots of information without getting tedious for the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment