Sunday 29 January 2012

Digipak Poster - Creation

Encroaching a lighted area with text is important. Text such as CD prices/gig times etc. is what a viewer is interested in, therefore putting this information gives the viewer what they want instantly. Another crucial part to any poster is the protagonist figures within it. In my instant, the band we are replicating - 'A Day to Remember'. Therefore I plan on using vast lighting to attract the viewers attention instantly to the band name as it is an established band name and hence will create a more attractive and eye-catching poster for the viewers that are interested in this band or genre of music.

Page Size
I am going to use an A3 page for my advertisement, this is due to an A4 page requiring a predominantly portrait image and I prefer to enhance horizontal images as the pixels tends to be more lax. The band name is also very long, therefore a horizontal advertisement leaves me with more options of the spacing in which to place the band name, a vertical layout would minimise the options available to place the name.

Images
I will be using an image of the band we took a while ago. It is a predominantly horizontal image which favours the page layout I have opted for. The image also has excellent potential for lighting effects and enhancement and therefore leaves the door open for me to adapt the image to make it more attractive for viewers.

Enhancements
I intend on using many layers within the poster, taking the emphasis off one particular part (making the poster blend as a whole). However I also intend to contradict this with a bright area (lighting effects on PS) in one of the corners, to attract the viewers attention to a protagonist part of the poster.

Text
I'm going to keep the text short and sweet throughout the poster as not many viewers will spend lengthy amounts of time reading copious lines of information as this is a bore. Short, snappy sentences keep viewers entertained and hence interested in what the poster has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment