Wednesday 28 March 2012

How effective is the combination of your main product with ancillary texts?

Below are my two ancillary tasks, the CD Digipac, which has a 6 fold, 8 page booklet included, as well as the poster advertising the Digipac and the band/album.







Overall I am thoroughly happy with the turnout of the the Digipac and couldn't have asked for it to look any better, the information is clear and easy to read - it is also at a plenty. Making the insert a worthwhile investment for any CD is a difficult thing, as the information must be interesting for the viewers to even bother reading it, I believe the information I have provided has been intriguing for the consumers and is put to good use. 

I think the Digipac poster, advertising the CD Digipac works extremely well here also, I believe the poster is attractive to look at and also gives some valuable information about the release date of the Digipac, this is helpful to readers who may follow the band or just want to buy the Digipac. The poster also uses many of the conventions seen in the modern day print for rock artists. A simple image, with a histogram style grain over-fold, and the use of lighting effects to portray the band in a better light.



This is our finished video as the final hand in for our project. I am extremely happy with how the video came out, and the combination of this along with the ancillary tasks is very effective. As part of my evaluation I looked at my whole portfolio of work whilst adopting a meta-discourse. This involves stepping outside of describing my activities from the point of view of a media studies students' perspective, but from tat of a potential employer or a scout within the industry.  The combination of our finished product along with the graphically created print work combine really well to give a very strong overall set of products.

No comments:

Post a Comment