Wednesday 28 March 2012

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

 This is a slideshow expressing some of the programs and media technologies I used along with my group when producing our music video, as well as the ancillary tasks. Some of the other media technologies we used include:
  • Computers
  • Video Camera
  • Premiere Pro Cs5
  • Adobe Photo-shop Cs5
  • PaintShop Pro
  • After FX
My media blog was an enormous aid in creating a 'live' effective portfolio into the A2 part of the media studies course. It enabled me to create a visualisation of my ideas and get prompt feedback, advising me on other research areas to look in to. Research is so important for the second year of the course as you have to be able to actively identify the 'generic rules' i.e. the conventions and forms for each genre. So research is vital in creating a successful music video, with an effective Digipac and advertisement. By using Google I was able to expand my research, whether it was magazine related, video related etc. Just at the click of a button I was able to get hundred of pages of information on the band and also information about the creation of a portfolio such as this one of the products involved in the project.

Many people enjoyed the finished project that our group have created, for after the video only being up on YouTube for 9 days 14 people had shared the video and over 50 had commented across all the social networking sites. This astounded me as to how popular the video had become and how positive all the comments were was a great bonus to all the hard work put in when producing the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment